About the AMALIA Technology Analyzer
Case study: Tackling process technology differences during IP Reuse Read more
Much of the effort involved in migrating an IP from one technology to another is associated with qualifying the IP in the target technology. If a block fails to meet the requirements in the target technology, its response would be sub-optimal or would make the block unusable.
The AMALIA Technology Analyzer identifies the root cause of an IP block failing, greatly reducing the time taken to tweak the design to meet the requirements. It also compares base and target technologies at the start of an engagement, helping our clients to control project costs and choose the right technology node for the end requirements.
By analyzing base and target technologies from the outset, it’s easy to see where the process technologies are similar and where they differ the most. The Technology Analyzer considers both first and second order effects like FT, gm/id, Vdsat, Vt, mismatches and others.
- Highlights similarities and differences in the base and target technologies, or nodes
- Checks for device compliance with all requirements in target technology (the technology the designs will be ported to)
- Recognizes and maps devices according to initial design migration requirements
- Helps to define the IP reuse inputs and proactively prevents issues with the design migration
- Provides reports and draws waveforms corresponding to each analysis and device type
- Delivers a design-centric approach – mapping is not only based on names/values or call back limits
- Enables device level simulations to match Ft, Vth, gm, gm/Id, Vds-Ids curves and other second order effects
- Ensures post-migration circuits are similar to the base design with comparable performance,leading to reduced design iterations
Technology Analyzer Product Brief
- Enables users to assess the business case for portfolio development and mitigate risk
- Reduces number of iterations required to reuse an IP in a new technology or node
- Allows users to plan and drive the IP reuse process more efficiently and deliver solutions 30-50% faster than conventional approaches
Comparing Characteristics: IP Reuse and the Role of the Technology Analyzer
New or reused IP? In-house or third party? Targeted or total automation? The right choices can save time and money. Thalia’s Technology Analyzer can help to identify the right choices.
Technology Analyzer Case Study
Thalia deployed its Technology Analyzer to migrate a whisper trigger amplifier to a 22nm process with a tight deadline and key characteristics to be addressed.