Job Title: VP Operations
Thalia is an integrated circuit reuse and development solutions provider targeting Analog and mixed signal chip design markets. Our solutions are driven by patented AI/ML semiconductor algorithms and methodologies.
Thalia addresses a high value and deep technology semiconductor IC market with solutions targeting consumer electronics, communications and IoT.
Thalia has grown by over 400% in the last 3 years and over 200% YoY 21-22. Thalia is gearing up to maintain a similar growth rate for the next 3-4 years and reach £10M in sales revenue.
As part of the growth plan, Thalia is bringing in the right set of experienced personal to drive the various groups within the company.
We are looking for an experienced VP Operations to lead the operations and continuous improvement of the company. The role is responsible for the full scope of operations within the business, including Operations, Engineering and Finance. The VP Ops will facilitate and direct the continuous improvement of the business performance as it relates to profitability, quality, productivity, on-time delivery, cost controls, people development and culture and will work very closely alongside the CEO.
Part time role will be considered too. 3 days/week and expanding to full time as the company grows.
Location Germany, UK
Core Job Functions:
- Create a strong accountability, performance-based culture.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding targets as they relate to profitability, quality, productivity and on-time delivery
- Responsible for the budgeting process to include, expense budgets and capital budgets as well as measuring and controlling variances against the set budgets
- Work on maximising the efficiency of;
- Resource usage/deployment
- Work with the CFO on defining and updating the operational model
- Plan for resourcing customer engagements
- Provide strong leadership and communication skills to lead employees
- Partner with Sales leadership to maximise business results and customer satisfaction
- Deliver weekly progress reports to the company management
- Provide guidance to junior team members
Key skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Electronic Engineering
- Strong commercial experience in the semiconductor industry
- Knowledge of Semiconductor IC process
- Customer facing experience
- Progressive, flexible, and team oriented; possess results-based style and skill set with strong influencing skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, to direct and motivate team and others at all levels of the organisation, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet cost and schedule parameters
- Must be able to work closely with Finance, Sales, Marketing and Engineering to support the overall growth objectives of the business
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, business development, and strategic planning.
- A strong communicator capable of presenting ideas, selling new concepts and tactics, listening to contrary opinions, and driving a strategy into an organisation.
- You will be a strong team player, able to operate as both an innovator and an implementer
- You will participate in multi-site developments across different time zones and cultures requiring excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A strong analytical approach is desired with a clear track record of success and delivery
- Previous experience in a small company/start up culture
Thalia Design Automation Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Please apply by emailing us with a covering note and your CV.